Mission & Pastoral Plan
At Saint Alphonsus Parish, we strive to…
- WORSHIP God through the celebration of the Eucharist, the other sacraments and special devotions with liturgies that are meaningful, well prepared, and which encourage active participation.
- EDUCATE and guide the development of our younger members with effective parish school and religious education programs; and provide for the continued faith development of our adult community through training programs and prayer experiences designed to challenge the intellect and enhance spiritual growth.
- REACH-OUT to those parishioners no longer active in the practice of their faith to reunite them with the joys and blessings of our faith.
- SHARE our resources to aid those suffering, especially the poor, the sick, the forgotten, and victims of tragedies of any kind.
- PROMOTE a sense of community which draws all parishioners together around our church and our faith through prayer, a spirit of hospitality, mutual respect, and Christian concern for one another.
- RECOGNIZE and develop the leadership potential of our parish members by providing opportunities for all to participate fully in the various missions and ministries of the Church.